Sunday, July 7, 2013

Review: Despicable Me 2

So, I won't deny it. I am a month away from turning 23, and I was so ridiculously excited for this

movie that it's funny. I've watched Despicable Me well over 100 times, mostly because two of my nieces are OBSESSED and we watch it over and over (and over and over..), but also because I love it as a movie and enjoy every time I watch it. They even opened up the ride at my beloved Universal Studios, Orlando, the week after I left in 2012 (bummer) which gave me an excuse to return just before the new movie came out (yay!) and ride the awesome new ride - Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem. I won't get too detailed on it, but yeah. The walk-through is amazing, because you go through Gru's house and see all of this amazing stuff from the movie. It's just a Must-Do for fans. I mean come ON, look at that thing!


Whoops, lost track of the point. Anyway,
Despicable Me 2 did not disappoint me. I was somewhat terrified, as always, that it would be a terrible sequel that basically copied the first film and didn't take on anything new, or worse - completely leave everything from the first film out of it and make some bizarre awful thing. *shudders*
Luckily for me, and many other fans, this was the perfect blend of new and old. Just as most sequels should be, after all. It kept true to the spirit of the first film while tackling a new plot. I've taken my nieces to see it already and they adored it, plus I just went back tonight (for my 2nd time watching it now), and still loved it.

So, is Despicable Me 2 worth your bucks? I'd say so! Definitely a fun movie for all ages, and I'd even say it's worth seeing in 3D.


~Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment