Monday, July 15, 2013

Interview: Vicki Green

Author Interview of the Week

This week's author interview is with Vicki Green, author of the Forever Series!



What made you want to be an author?

Seriously, one night I just decided to sit down and put the dream that has been in my head down on paper. I really didn’t know if it would be any good or if I could write it well enough. But, I guess deep down I always wanted to write and I have a very vivid imagination so I thought, why not? The inevitable in all dreams is that you wake up, so you never get the complete story. But as I wrote the story kept unfolding in my mind. The more I wrote the more I wanted to publish it and share it with everyone. To have that feeling that there might be people out there that could love it as much as I do kept me going.

Who has inspired you the most?

Oh, so many! I know it’s a cliché but the first books I really read in my life was Stephanie Myer’s Twilight. But after that, I got into reading Fan fiction for a long time. I actually read some of the most popular Author’s and their stories before they published them as they were writing them chapter by chapter. It was antagonizing waiting for each chapter to be updated but awesome at the same time. Then there are the other Author’s that are so popular that I have come across as their books were recommended by your blog as well as others.

Can you tell us about some of your earlier days of writing?

This is my first book so really I don’t have any early days yet.  J But I can tell you what a thrill it is to get an idea, at 1:00 in the morning, and have to get up to go write it down. Then, while writing, that feeling of your idea’s coming together and when you’re done with a part, the accomplishment you feel is invigorating.

How different is it being an Indie author?

It can be frustrating at times and is a lot of work. You have to self-promote yourself and your book. But it can also be fun, making new friends along the way.

Can you tell us a little about the Forever Series?

My Forever Series #1 of course is My Savior Forever. This is about Cassie, her horrific life growing up and how Jesse saves her from being kidnapped, keeping her protected and safe and how they fall in love while trying to locate her kidnappers. Series #2 is being worked on currently.

Who is your favorite author?

I would have to say Colleen Hoover is one that I respect and admire but I have so many it’s not fair to choose.  

What has been the best experience so far on your journey as an author?

I have made some great new friends and all the people who support my endeavors.

Can you give us some insight on any upcoming projects?

I am currently writing #2 of my Forever Series. I am hoping to release ‘Together Forever’ before the end of 2013.

What advice can you give to any upcoming authors?

Go for your dreams! You won’t know if anything will come from it unless you take that leap! You have to take the bad with the good, but the rewards are so worth it!

Thanks so much, Vicki for interviewing with us! Don't forget to check out her website listed below and pick up your copy of the Forever Series!


No comments:

Post a Comment