Monday, July 29, 2013

Interview: Kelly Elliott

Author Interview of the Week

Meet Kelly Elliott, author of The Wanted Series.

All Rights Reserved to Kelly Elliott



What made you want to be an author?

I’ve always wanted to write since I could remember. I wanted to write children’s stories but my college professor told me I wrote in circle and would never make it as an author.

Who has inspired you the most?

I’m more inspired by music, and probably my relationship with my husband. There is a lot of us in Wanted, Saved and Faithful!

Can you tell us about some of your earlier days of writing?

I’ve only ever kept journals. I love to write in journals. I kept one when I was pregnant with my daughter and during her first year of her life. When a friend of mine read it, she laughed until she had tears and begged me to publish it. My first published book was Wanted.

How has your life considerably changed since you've been published?

It’s a lot busier! I spend more time on line and trying to juggle writing and keeping family time and the house clean has been my biggest thing! I think I’m slowly starting to get it down! Although the laundry continues to pile up!

What inspired you to write The Wanted Series?

The song by Hunter Hayes, Wanted.

What has been the best experience so far on your journey as an author?

Meeting the fans and making new friends. I’ve made some wonderful treasured friends on this journey.

Can you give us some insight on any upcoming projects?

I’m currently writing Broken, which is going to be a new series. Then I’m planning on writing Cherished, which is Jessie and Scott’s story. You’ll learn more about them in Faithful. Then I’m going to write a novella, The Wanted boys. That’ll be about Gunner, Jeff and Josh during their college days. Then a prequel to Wanted.

Then probably the second book in the Broken series somewhere mixed in with the other books!

What advice can you give to any upcoming authors?

To write for yourself and try not to right to please others. The story is your story to tell. To not rush your story and don’t get frustrated if you hit a road block! If a story is meant to be told…it will find a way to be told!

Thanks so much, Kelly for interviewing with us! Don't forget to follow Kelly through one of her outlets!

Facebook
Kelly Elliott Website
Blogspot


Does Wanted sound like something you'd want to read? Click below to buy!










No comments:

Post a Comment