Thursday, July 25, 2013

Review: Bullet by Jade C. Jamison




{Book:} Bullet
{Author:} Jade C. Jamison
{Copywrite:} 2013
{Pages:} 360 (on a Nook)
{Description:} What if you discover the man you want is toxic?

She tasted a little bit of heaven with him, and now they’ve gone through hell and back, but can their relationship take anymore?

Valerie Quinn is a naïve college freshman when she meets on-the-rise rock star Ethan Richards. He’s an idealistic, handsome, reckless young man, but he’s captured her heart. She doesn’t give up on him and eventually his walls crumble down. By the time Valerie has given herself to him completely, she discovers he’s damaged and may be beyond help. Can she save Ethan and their relationship before he implodes, or will he self-destruct and take her with him?


{Alesha's Thoughts:}

Wow. What an incredible book. Let me just put this into perspective for a moment. I finished the book at 1:15 am and had to IMMEDIATELY write my review, it's that great. So here I am, typing away, at nearly 2 o'clock in the morning.

This book is raw. It's rigid. It's blinding. It's painful. It's emotional.

It's real.

Plain and simple. This book completely took me back to a time in my life that I thought I had long since buried. I was literally Valerie, only younger, at one time in my life. My events clearly didn't escalate to her level, but none the less, there was a sense of connection with Valerie that was chilling for me.

Once I really got sucked in to this book, which trust me didn't take long, it was impossible to put it down. I put it down long enough to work, eat and use the facilities. No more.

Bullet will take you on one helluva ride and throw things at you that you never see coming. It'll make you wish you were a rock star, wish you had the balls to do half of what these characters do, and make you pine for a love like Brad and Val. (I refuse to put spoilers!)

I can definitely tell you folks that I'm patiently, VERY patiently, waiting for Rock Bottom, the second book of the series, to come out. 

10 stars on a five star scale. 
Yeah.
It's that freaking great.



Want to get your hands on a copy? What the heck are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment