Monday, October 28, 2013

Interview: Mary A. Wasowski

Author Interview of the Week

Meet Mary A. Wasowski, author of A Changed Life.

All Rights Reserved to Mary Wasowski


What made you want to be an author?

I always wanted to write professionally one day, but my life took a different direction, and my dreams were put on hold. The actual day I finally decided to do it, was last August after having a conversation with my husband. He told me, “What are you waiting for?” do it, and I will stand by you. August 12th, 2012 was the first day I wrote my first sentence to “A Changed Life” my debut novel.

Who has inspired you the most?

My family inspires me, especially my three sons. As parents, we always aim higher for our children. They have been my guiding light throughout my writing journey. I want them to know and see that dreams do come true, and it can be the most rewarding experience of your life.


Can you tell us about some of your earlier days of writing?

As a teenager, writing was my way of communicating my feelings when I thought no one was listening. I always kept a journal, and I tried to write in it as much as I could. Venting turned into storytelling, and I wrote poems, and short stories.

How has your life considerably changed since you've been published?


Writing my book, “A Changed Life” has changed my life. I feel like I am on a constant adventure ride, and you never know what is going to happen next when you turn the corner.
“A Changed Life” started out as a four page short story. It’s a cross between YA to NA, because of the mature content it contains. It’s a love story with many twists and turns, and I would say it pulls at your heart strings. I got lost in writing Nicolette & Simon’s story. They are as real as they come, and I hope my readers will love them as much as I do.


You're in Indie author. What exactly does that entail?


As an Indie Author, I am completely publishing my book on my own. I do everything, but I’m not alone. I have been welcomed into the Indie community of writers. I have received so much support and made many friendships along the way, and I feel so blessed.


Your first ever book, A Changed Life, goes live on August 7. How are you feeling about it?


All Rights Reserved to Mary A. Wasowski
To say that I’m excited about my release date is an understatement. I am on top of the world, and I can’t wait to actually see it go live, but to hold my paperback in my hands will probably feel like Christmas. I can’t wait to look up to the heavens above and show my angels, (Mom & Dad) I did it!


Can you give us some insight on any upcoming projects?


My next project I am working on will be a NA Romance series. Right now I plan on two books, and will release more information as it develops. Look for the first book in early 2014.

What advice can you give to any upcoming authors?


Advice to authors: Never give up writing your story. We as writers have many chapters to create, and share with the world. The road to publishing may be bumpy at times, but it can also be the most exciting time in your life. Always pay it forward, never forget who has been in your corner throughout your journey. Always listen, and don’t be afraid of something you may not want to hear. If writing was easy, everyone would be an author. It takes time to develop our craft, but take it one step at a time, and don’t rush the process. Believe in your story. Write what you love. Love what you write. You are in charge of your destiny, go out there and shine!


Thanks so much, Mary for interviewing with us! Don't forget to follow her outlets listed below.

No comments:

Post a Comment