Monday, October 7, 2013

Interview: Amanda Bennett

Author Interview of the Week

Meet Amanda Bennett, author of Misguided Hearts.




What made you want to be an author?

My father died when I was 12 and he was an artist. After he passed, I found myself turning to poetry and from that moment, I just knew that writing was what I wanted to do with my life. I love that I get to be a million different characters and go to places in my mind that I have never been in real life. That and I was heavily influenced after reading The Great Gatsby. From that moment on, I just knew I wanted to be an author, telling stories that people would enjoy forever.

Who has inspired you the most?

Honestly, every person I have met or had a friendship and or relationship with have inspired me. Whether it be to push my limits, or to prove them wrong, or even just knowing that people believed in my talent, inspires me every day.

Can you tell us about some of your earlier days of writing?

I wrote a lot of poetry as a child, to deal with my father's death. It was very therapeutic and still is to this day. I've always been better with putting my feeling on paper than saying the,. As I've gotten older, I've found a nice balance in both. I literally wanted to be writer for as long as I can remember. What used to take me a year to write, I can now write in about a month. I think writing is just in my blood.

How has your life considerably changed since you've been published?

I'm not with a publisher (yet) lol, but since self publishing my books my life has pretty much stayed the same. I still feels surreal when I look at how many people actually read and love my books though. It's crazy and I love it!

Misguided Heart has won numerous awards. To what do you owe this accomplishment?

Honestly, Misguided Hearts is the one book I'm most proud of at the moment. It's amazing how well everyone received it. It took a lot of hard work and determination, but the success of the book is because of all of y'all, who read and enjoyed it enough to spread the word.

What inspired you to write the upcoming Raine Series?

Person experience, personal tragedy and an awesome dream :) After I had a dream about this bruised and battered girl falling for a buried and battered guy, I just had to write it. The story hits close to home for me in many different ways and I love that I could incorporate some of those things.

What has been the best experience so far on your journey as an author?

The fellow authors and fans that I have met. I have talked with and become friends with some amazing authors that I look up to. It's amazing how nice and accepting people have been. That and it's an amazing feeling when I have a fan get a hold of me through Facebook and express to me how much they love my work and can relate to it. That makes my day.

Can you give us some insight on any upcoming projects?

I'm working on 2 books simultaneously. I'm working on Unbreakable Hearts, which is the third book in the Broken series. It's only a novella, but I'm super excited about it. I'm also working on a new stand alone novel called, Faithless. It's quite different than anything I've written to date and I think people are going to enjoy the emotional roller coaster it will take you on.

What advice can you give to any upcoming authors?

Stay true to you. And stick with it, even if you feel like it's never going to happen. Write because it's something you love to do, not because it seems like easy money. I write because I absolutely love building these worlds that I can escape to. I just hope that aspiring authors strive to be the best they can be and not be what they think others want from them.

Thanks so much, Amanda for interviewing with us! Don't forget to follow her outlets listed below!
Amanda Bennett Website
Facebook


Want to get your hands on Amanda's books? Click the links below!
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment