Monday, August 12, 2013

Interview: K.A. Robinson

Author of the Week

Meet K.A. Robinson, author of the New York Times Best Seller and USA Today Best Seller series Torn.

All Rights Reserved to K.A. Robinson
This girl is on fire!

What made you want to be an author?

I like to make up stories in my head, so I decided to put one down on paper. When I released Torn, I NEVER imagined that it would blow up the way it did. I wrote it just for fun. It started out as more of a hobby and has quickly taken over. 

Who has inspired you the most?

I don't think that I could name them all, but some of my biggest influences were Anne Rice, J.K. Rowling, and Richelle Mead. I grew up reading both of them and they inspired me to create a world of my own to write about.

Can you tell us about some of your earlier days of writing?

Ha! I think technically I'm still in the early days. I published Torn in January and Twisted in March, so I'm still very new to this world. 

How has your life considerably changed since you've been published?

In just about every way imaginable. I've met so many incredible people over the last few months and made so many awesome friends through all of this. I count my blessings daily for where I am now. 

Your Torn Series is a USA Today best seller! Congrats! What sparked the idea for the series?

Thank you! Honestly, I was watching SpongeBob with my two-year-old one day and the sorority house scene just randomly popped into my head. I just had to know what happened to these two people, so I sat down and started typing.

What do you think readers will think of Shattered Ties?

I think... I think they're going to kill me, but hopefully they will love it. They are used to my writing style by now and I don't think they'd expect anything less than what's in there.
I'll be honest - I'm terrified to release it. There is always this HUGE voice in the back of my head screaming that whatever I'm working on is horrible and I tend to let it take over.

You're not only a USA Today best seller, but also a New York Times best seller, Nook best seller AND an Amazon best seller! How does all this fame make you feel?

Well, when you put it like that, I'm slightly embarrassed and in shock. I don't think that I've accepted that this is real, I keep waiting for someone to walk up and tell me it was all a dream. I owe my fans everything - they are the reason I'm still in this world and writing like a freight train!

What has been the best experience so far on your journey as an author?

Signings. I. Love. Signings! It is so incredible to meet all of the fans and fellow authors!

Can you give us some insight on any upcoming projects?

I have a lot planned for next year. A LOT. I can't say too much right now, but I plan to release around 4 - 5 books next year. Some are from the Torn Series, the second Shattered Ties, and a couple of books that are just outlines on my computer right now.

What advice can you give to any upcoming authors?

This one is easy - write because you want to write. Don't do it because you're hoping to make a million dollars or to get your name out there. If you have the passion for it, it will show in your work and take your further than you can imagine. It's a wild and crazy ride, but so amazing. I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks so much, K.A. Robinson for interviewing with us! Don't forget to follow her on one of her outlets listed below!


Check out the reviews for both Torn and Twisted and get your hands on a copy today!

All Rights Reserved K.A. Robinson
Two people with battered souls are thrust together unexpectedly, leaving a profound impact on each other’s lives.
In K.A. Robinson’s USA Today bestselling debut novel, Torn,Chloe hasn’t had the easiest childhood. With a mother who was absent most of the time, she practically had to raise herself. Determined to start a new life and leave her demons behind, she heads to West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan. On the first day of classes, she spots a student who takes her breath away. Drake is a pierced, tattooed bad boy, and no matter how hard she tries to fight it, he’s all she can think about. Drake has never cared about anyone other than himself, but when Chloe takes the empty seat next to him in class, he is instantly drawn to her. Drake is left wondering whether this girl can take his cold, womanizing heart and alter him forever. Falling for each other was never a part of their plan, and when it happens, things do anything but fall into place. Long-hidden feelings are revealed and friendships are tested to the brink as Chloe and Drake become helplessly entwined in each other’s love.
Click here to get it!

All Rights Reserved K.A. Robinson


Love has the power to break through even the most twisted of circumstances. In the second book in the bestselling Torn series by K.A. Robinson, Chloe and Drake have soldiered through a heartbreaking love triangle and are finally within reach of their happily ever after. Unfortunately, their demons have come out of the dark with a vengeance, looking to destroy them. Chloe’s abusive mother enters back into her life with an evil plot that sets off a chain of events no one could ever have anticipated. To add to their distress, a relentless, conniving ex reappears determined to tear the couple apart through any means necessary. The extra strain pushes Chloe and Drake to the brink, bringing out their greatest weaknesses and putting them up against old but powerful addictions. The foundation on which their love was built is crumbling beneath them. What are they willing to give up in order to stay together?
Click here to get it!





No comments:

Post a Comment