Monday, August 5, 2013

Interview: Christa Cervone

Author Review of the Week

Meet Christa Cervone, author of Broken and Going the Distance.

All Rights Reserved to Christa Cervone



What made you want to be an author?

I never really intended on being an author. It just kind of happened. I was there for the creative process of White Trash Beautiful. When it was finished I felt empty and had all these ideas in my head. One night I sat down and just started writing. And as they say "The rest is history."

Who has inspired you the most?

I have lots of inspiration. Broken was inspired by me and my husband. It was supposed be "our" love story with a twist. Well the twist was a pretty big one. LOL There are bits and pieces of our life in the book. But a lady never kisses and tells. 
Music is another really big inspiration. Broken was inspired by "Just Give Me a Reason" by Pink. I got the idea for "Going the Distance" from a Maroon 5 song titled "Last Chance."

Can you tell us about some of your earlier days of writing?

Well, considering I've only been writing since October not much. I may have a little more of a clue than before. But I'm still pretty ADD when it comes to writing. I jump around a lot and my mind wanders.

How has your life considerably changed since you've been published?

I don't think my life has changed much. What I find crazy is that people think I'm a star. I'm just a regular girl living my life. I still get up and go to work everyday. My kids still nag me on a daily basis.

Can you tell us a little about your new book Going the Distance?

There is so much to tell. It's the story of Gabriel "The Saint" Vega an up and coming boxer who falls in love with a rich girl. There is going to be a lot of action. Fighting, love, sex, lies and death.

Who is your favorite author?

Can I name a few? Teresa Mummert, Gina Maxwell, Olivia Cunning

What has been the best experience so far on your journey as an author?

Probably flying out to L.A. and shooting the cover of Broken. I got to meet some ladies I was friends with online whom I never met in person, as well as Alex Minsky. He took us out to lunch and even hugged me. 

Can you give us some insight on any upcoming projects?

I'm currently writing "Going the Distance" and I have started another project titled "Saved" which I am very excited about writing.

What advice can you give to any upcoming authors?

Write from your heart. Don't let anyone tell you, you can't. And last but not least get tough skin, because people can be very cruel.

Thanks so much, Christa for interviewing with us! Don't forget to follow Christa on her Facebook page listed below!
Christa Cervone Facebook


Don't wait to get your hands on Broken. Click the links below!
All Rights Reserved to Christa Cervone

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Christa's author interview. I absolutely agree with her about writing from the heart. Recent tragic events that have occurred in my life have ignited a new author in me so I can relate to her. I'm interested to read more about her work and I will definitely be following her on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete