August Spotlight Author
1. My favorite flower is a tiny little lavender blue wildflower than only blooms in May after a big rain in the woods; I think it’s called a bluette, but I’m not sure. You can’t buy them anywhere; you have to go tromping through the woods or park to discover them. But I do like pink roses, too.
2. When I was a child, I used to love to take watches apart, with all the little silver and gold gears and cogs, all fitting in together so securely. I always had pieces leftover when I re-assembled them IF they ever got reassembled, and they never ever kept time again.
3. Once my father left me in the car alone (age four, windows cracked) while he ran an errand and I took apart the dashboard. Who knew it was held together with just a few little screws? And he just laughed and said, “Okay, honey, now you have to help Daddy put the car back together again.”
4. I was an elementary school teacher for thirty-five years. I taught first grade most of those years. I am retired now.
5. My favorite place to visit is Venice, Italy. I love Venice! It is so beautiful and timeless and awe-inspiring. Everyone should visit Venice at least once, in my opinion. And hurry up because it’s sinking.
6. I used to like to cook until my husband went vegan on me.
7. My favorite songs are ”Book of Love” by Peter Gabriel, “Old Time Rock and Roll” by Bob Seger, and “Only Time” by Enya. And “Someone Like You” by Adele.
8. Chocolate. Anytime. Enough said.
9. I would like to visit Scotland and England.
10. I have a red shorthaired dachshund named KC.
11. My favorite car ever was my metallic teal 1995 Chevy Blazer, the perfect vehicle for one who likes to color outside the lines.
12. My novels are neither sexually explicit nor graphically violent.
13. I’ve written six full-length novels and one novella to date. Five are in the Time After Time series.
14. My favorite food is anything Italian. Because I am. Italian.
15. I like to read, everything except horror and zombies.
16. My favorite US television show is “The Big Bang Theory”. My favorite British television shows are “Doctor Who”, preferably with the Tenth Doctor, and “Midsomer Murders.”
17. My favorite sculpture is “The Thinker” by Auguste Rodin.
18. My favorite painting is “Water Lily Pond” by Claude Monet.
19. I have a pond. I grow water lilies. The white ones are my favorite.
20. Parker Kaufman and I have a blog called Vision and Verse. It’s a blog about art, making art, writing, contemporary artists and authors, and what inspires them.
21. I have been happily married to my wonderful husband, William for the last thirty-five years.
22. I am from Ohio.
23. I used to quilt. I loved it and found it very relaxing. I made four hand-stitched quilts. Then I starting writing and that was the end of quilting.
24. I think the Grand Canyon in Arizona is one of the most magical places on earth. You stand there, on the rim, looking down into the chasm and you are mesmerized by the incredible beauty and sheer size of it. It makes you realize all how all those things you worried about and fussed over were truly insignificant. It makes you realize just how small we are, but still, somehow, we manage to fit into the scheme of things. Haven’t been there? GO.
25. I play Bridge. My Bridge group is called “The Four Hearts.” It is excellent exercise for the other half of my brain.
Oh snap, we've got a fellow Doctor Who lover on our hands. I believe our very own Angel would love you, Carol!
Be on the lookout for our interview with the lovely and talented Carol on September 23!