Monday, September 2, 2013

Interview: Staci Hart

Author Interview of the Week

Meet Staci Hart, author of Deer in Headlights, the first book of the Good Gods series.

All Rights Reserved to Staci Hart

What made you want to be an author?

I've always been an avid reader, but when I started reading romance, I quickly became dissatisfied with the books available. So I thought, why not write my own? I considered what I would write about, if I were to write a paranormal romance novel, and it came to me. Greek Mythology!

Who has inspired you the most?

I have a few close friends, who are also writers, that have been a HUGE part of my creative process. Having a sounding board makes writing infinitely easier.

Can you tell us about some of your earlier days of writing?

At first, it was all about outlining, thinking through the story. What is the conflict? Who are these people? Then I sat down and wrote 10,000 words, and shared it with a few close friends. Everyone was so excited, that it fueled me to keep going. It was so much trial and error, but I learned so much that it's made writing the second novel much easier.

How has your life considerably changed since you've been published?

I spend so much time on social media now, making connections and talking about my books. I also spend even more time writing, if that's even possible! I'm focused on pumping these books out as quickly as possible, while still retaining quality, to keep the momentum going. The most exciting thing though is to hear from my fans! There's nothing I love more, via Facebook, twitter, Goodreads, email, whatever. It's an awesome relationship to have, and to know I've effected complete strangers in a positive way brings me so much joy.

What can readers expect of the Good Gods series?

We'll see Aphrodite (Dita) go through her own struggles as she competes against the other gods in a high stakes version of Olympus Love Connection, with humans as the contestants. The gods aren't what you're used to from the history books and Homer. They're modern, hip, funny, sweary, sexy. They practically worship humans, so they always stay in the trends.

What did you do as a graphic designer?

I design websites, mostly for women who are starting their own businesses. I've done it for ten years, and it's SO rewarding to be part of the success of others.

What has been the best experience so far on your journey as an author?

Hands down, my best experience as a writer so far has been my connection to other writers. I couldn't do what I do without them. They support me, they listen. They read my work and tell me straight. We laugh. A lot. It's awesome!

Can you give us some insight on any upcoming projects?

Book 2 of the series, Snake in the Grass will be available July 30! And if you enjoy Deer in Headlights, SIG will knock your socks off.

What advice can you give to any upcoming authors?

Love what you do. Find authors to share your experience with. Read about self editing (it's not about grammar). Don't wait to start building a platform on social media. USE SCRIVENER, not Word!

Thanks so much, Staci for interviewing with us! Don't forget to follow her on one of her many outlets listed below!

Want to get your hands on a copy of Deer in Headlights? Click one of the links below!

What do the gods do when they're bored? Because they're always bored, and humans are the perfect players in their games.

Aphrodite owns love; she hasn't lost a competition on her turf in over three millennia. Apollo is on a mission to win, he's counting on it to finally get the one woman he's never been able to have. The two gods will choose their players and if Dita can't get them together before the clock runs out, Apollo will get his way. And Dita couldn't have that.

No comments:

Post a Comment