Monday, September 9, 2013

Interview: S.E. Hall

Author Interview of the Week

Meet S.E. Hall, author of the Evolve series.


What made you want to be an author? 

I read a lot, and finally realized...I too have a story to tell.

Who has inspired you the most? 

My oldest daughter Lyndsey, 17.

Can you tell us about some of your earlier days of writing?

 Emerge is my debut novel and writing experience. I can tell you, I started it as a journal, every word was in a notebook, handwritten, before I ever touched a keyboard.

How has your life considerably changed since you've been published?

 I have met so many wonderful, thoughtful, supportive people. I now know how to tweet :) and chat with fans on Facebook. Having all that wonderful interaction, my family, and writing book 2...my life has gotten quite busy!

What can readers expect from Emerge?

 It's not just a romance, not just a love triangle. Emerge is about young people; growing up, meeting new friends, forming new bonds, missing their old bonds and finding out who they really are, with sadness, happiness and a lot of humor.

How many books do you think will be in the Evolve Series? 

Definitely three, perhaps four.

What has been the best experience so far on your journey as an author?

 Connecting with my daughter; she is my lead consultant on lingo, songs, etc....

Can you give us some insight on any upcoming projects?

 I'm finishing up on Book 2 in the Evolve series, then Book 3 will be Sawyer's book!

What advice can you give to any upcoming authors? 

Do not taper your writing...splurge, spit it all out...THEN go back and cut, edit, change etc. Let the thoughts flow as freely as they will in the beginning.

Thanks so much, S.E. Hall for interviewing with us! Don't forget to follow her on one of her many outlets listed below!

Check out her book trailer for Emerge!

Want to buy Emerge? Click below!

No comments:

Post a Comment